Last update: 01 October 2020
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you are not obligated to do so. However, not providing the required personal information may affect your use of our Sites or any products and services offered on it.
1. DEFINITION OF TERMS
“Sites” refers to www.blisterprevention.us, www.blisterprevention.com.au and courses.blisterprevention.com.au controlled by us.
“personal information” refers to any information about any user that is able to identify who the user is, whether directly or indirectly.
“personal data” refers to personal information, as used under the GDPR law.
“GDPR” refers to the General Data Protection Regulation for EU users that came into effect on May 25, 2018.
“our/we/us” refer to BlisterPod LLC and any affiliated company or individual.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information: The type of information we collect when you use our blister management services or purchase from us may include:
- images (especially of your foot);
- contact details including email address, address and telephone number;
- date of birth;
- demographic information, such as postcode;
- payment details (but only so far as it is necessary to process your payment, if any);
- shipping address;
- preferences and opinions; and
- any other information requested on our Sites or otherwise requested by us or provided by you.
We may collect the above personal information when you (i) use our blister management services, (ii) provide shipping information to receive your orders, (iii) contact us for enquiries or complaints, or (iv) provide payment method information to process your payments where necessary.
Your use of our Sites: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Sites, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Sites, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, the IP Address and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We collect log information through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Your opinion and feedback: We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use the above information for the following purposes:
- to analyze and provide our blister management services to you;
- to contact and communicate with you where necessary;
- for internal record keeping (for example, to keep records of transactions);
- to process your payments where applicable;
- to ship and deliver your orders;
- for market research and business development including our Sites’ development;
- for marketing new products and services to you, including via direct marketing;
- to provide our Sites and make your navigations thereon smooth;
- to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you; and
- to send you promotional information about third parties that we think may be of interest to you.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information about you under the below circumstances:
- to third party service providers (such as our marketing provider, payment processor, shipping service provider) to carry out certain services on our behalf. You may reach out to us via [email protected] to see the list of third parties we share personal information about you with. Where we disclose personal information to third party service providers, we ensure they handle your personal information only for the task they are hired for. Also, we only use reputable third-party service providers to perform certain tasks for us.
- to any BlisterPod LLC employees, subsidiaries and other affiliated companies or persons;
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- to third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of the United States.
- to another (or other) companies during a business transfer or corporate reorganization, such as a merger, sale of an asset, acquisition or consolidation. In the event of a business transfer or corporate reorganization, we reserve the right to disclose personal information to the concerned company (or companies) to the extent permitted by applicable law.
5. HOW WE TREAT PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT IS ALSO SENSITIVE INFORMATION
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the relevant privacy laws. In referring to “sensitive information,” we mean:
- information that relates to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices and criminal records;
- health information; or
- biometric information.
The type of sensitive information that we may collect includes health information.
Sensitive information will be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected, which includes providing our blister management services to you. Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if you consent to its use or disclosure, or in circumstances where the use or disclosure is required or authorized by law.
6. YOUR RIGHTS AND CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your provision of third-party information: If you provide us with third party personal information, then you warrant to us that you have the third party’s consent to provide this.
Restrictions on use: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us via our email address at [email protected]
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act of 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information (if it applies to your location). We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act of 1988 (Cth) if it applies to you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by our email address at [email protected] We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time to the extent possible. We will endeavor to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached any applicable law the Australian Privacy Principles or any applicable privacy law of any location and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by our email address at [email protected] setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribing: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, newsletter or opt-out of communications, please use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the relevant communication. Please, note that you may not be able to unsubscribe from administrative communications, such as changes to our blister management services, your orders, any of our Sites’ features or our agreements and policies.
7. STORAGE AND SECURITY
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure. We encrypt all information transmission where necessary, and we process your payments through a secure payment gateway (handled by our reputable payment processing provider, Stripe Inc.). We do not disclose personal information about you unless as described above.
8. COOKIES & WEB BEACONS
The cookies set on your browser may be set by our third-party service providers (to provide their services for us) or us. Cookies may be “session” or “persistent”, which means that some cookies are set to expire when you close your browser while some have specific longer dates to expire.
If you do not want cookies to track your preferences or actions on our Sites, you have the right to block them by going through the help, tools or settings area of the applicable browser. However, be aware that blocking cookies may alter some functions when you use our Sites.
We may also use web beacons on our Sites from time to time in conjunction with cookies. Web beacons or clear gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitors’ behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
9. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
10. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only keep your personal information on our database for as long as we need it to fulfil our blister management services or your purchases, as until you request the deletion. Certain information, such as records of transactions, may remain with us for longer periods as permitted by applicable laws and for record purposes. For example, where we are required to keep records for 5 to 7 years.
11. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
For transfers of personal data about EU users and countries under the GDPR law, we will only enforce such transfers (i) if you explicitly give verifiable consent, or (ii) using approved data transfer clauses by the European Commission.
12. EU USERS’ RIGHTS
We provide our blister management and ecommerce services globally, including in the countries located in the EU and EEA. Due to this, we are required to comply with the rules of GDPR regarding the processing of personal data.
BlisterPod LLC is the “data controller” with respect to your personal data for the purposes of the EU’s GDPR that came into effect on May 25, 2018.
The law protects your privacy. Under the GDPR, we are allowed to process personal data about you only if we have a lawful reason. BlisterPod LLC must have one or more of the following lawful bases before we process your data:
- To carry out a contract or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- To comply with legal obligations, e.g., to keep records;
- To satisfy our legitimate legal interests or a third party’s; or
- Where you have given us your consent.
Under certain articles of the GDPR, you have certain rights in relation to your personal data, which includes:
- Right of access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you. You may request a copy in reasonable formats, such as PDF.
- Right of rectification: You can query any personal data we hold about you that you think is inaccurate or incomplete. You may reach out to us via [email protected] to rectify any inaccurate data.
- Right to object to processing, delete, remove or stop using personal data: This right is also known as the “right to be forgotten”. This right is limited in that it is not absolute to request the deletion of certain personal data. For example, where we are required by any applicable law to retain records of transactions, we may not be able to delete your personal data when you request deletion.
- Right to limit processing: It may sometimes be possible to restrict the processing of personal data so that it can only be used for certain purposes (e.g. legal claims or to exercise legal rights). In such circumstances, we would not use or share the personal data in other ways while processing is restricted. You can ask us to restrict the use of your Personal Data: (i) if it is inaccurate; (ii) if it has been unlawfully used, but you do not want us to delete it; (iii) if it is not relevant anymore, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims; and (iv) if you have already asked us to stop using it but you are waiting for us to tell you if we are allowed to keep using it.
- Right to object to profiling: The GDPR confers to you the right to object to the processing of your personal data. This effectively allows you to ask BlisterPod LLC to stop processing your certain personal data. E.g., using your email address for marketing purposes.
- Right to portability: The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different sites and services. It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data about you easily from one IT environment to another safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
- Right to reporting: You have the right to report us to any data authority in the location you are if you believe that we are unlawfully processing your data.
14. CONTACT US
For any questions or notice, please contact us at:
16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes, Delaware 19958
Phone: 1 (302) 608-0773
Email: [email protected]